Fyrd Instruments has introduced its second MIDI controller, the MTRX-8.
- 8-step sequencer
- Hardware MIDI In/Out
- 14 buttons
- 1 high-resolution optical encoder
- USB port
- LCD display
- 5-part drum sequencer
- Premapped for the MeeBlip, the Shruthi, the Volca’s (Beat/Bass/Keys) and the DSI Mopho
- Up to 12 preset slots (4 x step-sequencer, 4 x drum sequencer, 4 x knobs values)
- Launch preset like clips in Ableton Live and use presets as an instrument
- Special firmware gives you access to every parts of the MTRX-8 hardware (individual LEDs, LCD display, buttons, encoder)
- Fyrd Instruments MIDI wheels Max patch inspired by Stretta Electric Dharma Wheels and Meng Qi Autoharp
Here’s a video demo for the MTRX-8:
The MTRX-8 is available for pre-order, priced at 249 Euro plus shipping. Prices are discounted 15% for a limited time. It is expected to ship Sept 10. See the Fyrd site for more information.