Image Line has released FL Studio Groove for Windows 8, a new sequencing app optimized for touch-based music making.
Here’s the official video intro:
- Synthesis: FL Studio Groove includes 5 polyphonic synthesizer channels that include the ability to create a wide range of synths sounds, from bass to pads and leads. The synthesis engine features a 2 oscillator, wave-shape driven design, filter, 3 envelopes and LFO architecture.
- Keyboard: Take control over the synthesizers with FL Studio Groove’s two-tier keyboard.
- Percussion: FL Studio Groove offers a 10-pad velocity-through-position enabled sample engine. You can even layer to two samples per-pad for complex sample mash-ups. A comprehensive library of percussion samples is included from Kicks, snares, toms, cymbals and more.
- Effects: FL Studio Groove includes a wide array of effects, including a Bit Crusher (for lo-fi gritty sounds), Flanger & Phaser (to create complex stereo washes and spacey effects), Filters (low, high pass & vowel-voice simulation), Delay (echoes), Reverb (to simulate the sound of large halls through to tight spaces), Panning (so you can spread your sounds across your speakers) and Ring modulation (creating screaming-feedback type sounds).
- Sequencing: A Piano-roll allows note entry and step-entry for percussion. You can also record and edit the movement of almost any knob or control with the Automation editor.
Here’s the FL Studio Groove ‘getting started’ video:
FL Studio Groove is available with an introductory price of $4.99.
If you’ve used FL Studio Groove, let us know what you think of it!