iZotope has updated its spectral audio editing and repair suite, RX. RX 3 and RX 3 Advanced have a completely redesigned user interface, and afford audio professionals better capabilities to reduce or remove reverb, clean up dialogue in real time, in addition to new features for post production, music production, mastering, and more.
RX 3 Advanced Key Features:
- Remove or reduce reverb from audio using the new Dereverb module.
- Clean up dialogue in real time with the new Dialogue Denoiser.
- Monitor your audio and loudness compliance using Insight, iZotope’s comprehensive metering suite, now included with RX 3 Advanced.
- Advanced features and settings for Declip, Declick, Time and Pitch, Channel Operations and more.
Updates in RX 3:
- Work “up to six times faster” in the RX 3 stand-alone application, using RX 3’s intelligent DSP and optimized multicore processing
- Time-saving features include a completely redesigned user interface, the new RX Document format and multi-file workflow
- Addition of audio recording and monitoring, SRC sample rate conversion, waveform statistics, and more
- Overall enhancements to Denoise and Declip modules, parametric EQ, drawing and selection tools, MBIT+ dither, and more
iZotope RX 3 improves “troubled” recordings with remedies for noise, clipping, hum, buzz, crackles, and more. With an intuitive spectral editor and 10+ intelligent modules, RX 3 enables the audio professional to fix audio with “unprecedented power and precision.”
Compatibility. RX 3 works as a stand-alone application, or as a suite of plug-ins for use in a host, including many widely-used DAWs and NLEs. Supported plug-in formats include AAX for Pro Tools 11, RTAS, Audio Suite, VST & VST 3, and Audio Unit.
Pricing and Availability. iZotope RX 3 and RX 3 Advanced are currently available. Through September 27, 2013, RX 3 is available for $249 US (regularly $349/ 285 Euro MSRP). Through Spt 27, RX 3 Advanced is discounted to $749 (reg $1199 / 919 Euro MSRP). For additional information on RX 3 and RX 3 Advanced, check out the iZotope website. Upgrades: Current RX 2 or RX 2 Advanced users who purchased the product after July 1, 2013 will receive a free upgrade to RX 3. Users of previous RX versions can log in to their iZotope accounts for upgrade information and special upgrade pricing.