iZotope has announced that Nectar 2, the next version of their vocal processing plug-in, will be released next month (October 2013).
With Nectar 2, users can add character to tracks with modeled plate reverb, harmonic saturation, and new creative effects. Stay in tune, remove distracting breaths without the need for audio editing, transform a single vocal take into a harmonized ensemble, and much more.
- Add harmonies to vocal tracks with the new Harmonizer. Play with intelligent automatic settings or define your own with a MIDI controller.
- Add space and character to vocals with the EMT 140-modeled Plate Reverb module, featuring a unique saturation control to emulate the original plate’s preamp.
- Finesse vocal takes quickly with the new Pitch Editor and Breath Control plug-ins.
- New FX module includes seven new creative effects.
- Streamlined overview panel for simple adjustments, and added metering for visual feedback.
- Over 150 new presets, in styles that range from classic to modern.
Nectar 2 Compatibility
Nectar 2 can be used as plug-ins in your “favorite” host. Supported plug-in formats include 64-bit AAX (Pro Tools 11), RTAS/AudioSuite (Pro Tools 7.4-10), VST, VST 3, and Audio Unit.
Pricing and availability. Nectar 2 should be available in October 2013. Customers who purchased Nectar after August 1, 2013 will receive a free upgrade to Nectar 2 upon release. For all other previous Nectar and Nectar Elements customers, special upgrade pricing will be available when Nectar 2 is released. For more information, and to be notified when Nectar 2 is released, check the iZotope website.