One Red Dog Media has released Arctic Pro Synthesizer – a new software synth & vocoder for iPad.
Arctic Pro is a modern subtractive synthesizer for the Apple iPad that does not aim to model or re-create vintage synths of yesteryear, but instead is designed to offer “a rude, rough, bold and tough palette of sound”.
That palette of sound includes two HyperOscillators, a sub oscillator, dual filters, easy to re-order master effects and a vocoder. Presets are designed by sound designer John ‘Skippy’ Lehmkuhl, who has contributed to the sound design of Korg synths since the M1.
Here’s a video introduction to Arctic Pro:
- Process live audio input from a microphone with the Vocoder
- Up to 17 oscillators per voice with 4 voices
- Dual multi-mode filters with adjustable routing
- 16×4 gate step-sequencer with deep modulation destinations
- Re-orderable effects processors including EQ, distortion, chorus, phaser, delay, reverb and vocoder
- CoreMIDI support with Virtual MIDI Ports
- Audiobus support
Note: An iPad 2 or later is recommended for the best audio performance
Arctic Pro is available now in the App Store.
If you’ve used Arctic Pro, leave a comment and let us know what you think of it!