Plug-in developer Sonnox has partnered with mp3 inventor Fraunhofer IIS to create a new solution for encoding music for the web, Codec Toolbox. Codec Toolbox offers real-time codec auditioning, metadata editing and batch encoding for musicians, DJ’s, engineers and producers of recorded sound for the web.
- Real-time codec auditioning
- Multiple codecs (MP3, iTunes, AAC, HE AAC, HD AAC, etc)
- Anti-clipping tools
- Bit rate controls / target file sizes
- Easy metadata editing, including such fields as BPM, lyrics, cover art, etc, in addition to “normal” things like title, artist, genre, etc.
- Batch encoding, high-quality encoding
Codec Toolbox is comprised of two applications: the Toolbox Plug-In, for real-time mix auditioning through various codecs; the Toolbox Manager is used for encoding and adding metadata.
Pricing and Availability. The Codec Toolbox is available today at a price of £35 GBP (about $55 US). A free 15-day trial (and additional information) is available at www.sonnox.com/codectoolbox.