Akai Pro has released the latest version of the MPC software.
Key new features of version 1.5:
- MIDI control mode: use your MPC hardware as a con?gurable MIDI control surface.
- MPC software runs without hardware present; use MPC on the road without
- plugging in hardware.
- Con?gurable pulse display resolution (set this in Preferences>Sequencer)
- 6-levels now works instantly. 16-level engages as soon as you hit the button. Press and hold 16 LEVEL, then tap a pad to change pad assignment on the fly.
- Improved project information display, including a tree-view of project contents, improved icons displaying program and sample types, and built-in sample auditioning. The sample list is context sensitive, and shows only the samples used by the current selection (i.e. the selected sequence/track/program).
- Many UI and workflow improvements.
- Purge samples workflow improvement.
- Next sequence mode and song mode show sequence loop points in the timeline.
- Improved timeline editing. You can now extend a sequence and set loop points directly in the timeline.
- Improved stability hosting various third party plugins.
- Improved drag and drop capabilities.
- Plugin editor window position made persistent.
- Improved behavior when an audio interface is removed.
- MPC saves the master level and submix levels in project files.
- Support for MPC Element hardware.
- Compatibility with MPC Essentials projects.
- Performance enhancements.
- Many bugfixes and stability enhancements.
See the Akai Pro site for details.