ASlicer records to a sound buffer through the internal microphone (or AudioBus), from an audio file (or both simultaneously).
During the recording process, the application detects hit points, which after the recording process has completed it uses to assign a series of slices to each of the app’s 16 Tiles. Slice assignment can be changed manually afterwards if so desired.
Each of the sixteen tiles is a playback machine in its own right with it’s own set of assignable playback parameters and Fx settings, which can be mixed and adjusted within each of the Tiles’ Pad mode. Patterns of tiles can be recorded and played back using the tile sequencer panel.
- Playback slices, forward and reverse at different speeds
- Extreme pitch shifting independent of playback speed
- Window Adjustment, grainy
- Modulated Feedback Delay for generating some ‘truly wild sounds’
- Filter and BitCrush Effects
- Multiple playback modes for each tile offering versatile creative possibilities.
- Pattern sequencer with 8 preset banks
- Fx Preset Save and Recall
- Project Save and Recall
- Audio Export With In App Purchase
- Share recorded tracks with Soundcloud With In App Purchase
- AudioBus Support Input and Output
- Import and export via iTunes
ASlicer is a free download from the App Store. Sample packs are available via in-app purchase.