Touch Board is a DIY toolkit designed for letting you use the world around you as a sensor.
Touch Board lets you connect anything conductive to one of its 12 electrodes and trigger a sound via its onboard MP3 player, play a MIDI note or do anything else that you might do with an Arduino or Arduino-compatible device.
It’s being developed via a Kickstarter project that is already fully funded. Here’s a video intro:
- Touch sensing
- Distance sensing
- No programming required
- Works great with Electric Paint
- MP3 Player / MIDI device
- MicroSD card socket – Change the sounds just by changing the card
- Standard 3.5mm audio jack – Works with headphones and speakers
- Lithium Polymer (LiPo) – Stand alone projects that recharge via USB
- HID capable – Turn the Touch Board into a keyboard or mouse
See the project site for more details.