MIDI Editor turns your iPad into a music sketchpad. It lets you compose melodies, chord progressions and drum patterns, and it works with synths and music apps that support MIDI input.
Here are the details:
- No complicated editing modes.
- Simply tap anywhere on the grid to create a note.
- Tap on the existing note to remove it.
- Press and hold a note for a split second to select it, then drag your finger to adjust the note’s length, position or pitch.
- Precisely edit a note’s position and length on the timeline by zooming in to its exact location.
- Velocity Mode: Select a note and drag your finger vertically to adjust its velocity.
- Adjust vertical and horizontal zooms independently on the grid.
- Export the MIDI files to other apps such as Dropbox, Cubasis and Mail.
- Change which app the MIDI Editor controls by selecting a MIDI Output.
- Background Audio Mode: MIDI clip continues looping in the background while you tweak synth’s parameters.
- Adjustable Tempo and MIDI Clip length.
- Supports landscape and portrait modes.
MIDI Editor for iPad is available now in the App Store.
If you’ve used MIDI Editor, let us know what you think of it!