Phawuo is a monophonic virtual-analog synth for the iPad that features ‘dirty’ oscillators that developer Alexey Nadzharov says are ‘good for bass sound and effects’.
- Two special oscillators with sawtooth / square waveform and pulse width modulation. They produce antialiased waveforms with inharmonicity in higher pitches.
- distortion and feedback ring modulation for each oscillator
- 24 dB/octave state-variable filter (LP-BP-HP)
- two ADSR envelopes for amplitude and filter
- LFO to modulate the frequency and pulse width of oscillators’ waveforms
- Audiobus support. Now you can stream live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps! See http://audiob.us for more information.
- Background audio support when connected to Audiobus
- CoreMIDI support (input only)
Here’s a video intro to Phawuo:
Phawuo is available now in the App Store.
If you’ve used Phawuo, let us know what you think of it!