Developer Ruben Nine has released Vectorscope, a new tool for analyzing stereo audio for the iPad.
Vectorscope accepts audio coming either from an external iOS-compatible audio device or from an Audiobus-compatible app.
- Polar and Lissajous function plotting
- 2-Channel metering with peak, RMS, peak hold, and max peak readings
- Stereo balance meter
- Phase correlation meter
- Autoscale or manual scaling rates (1x up to 8x)
- Adjustable scope fading rate
- 5 color schemes
- Mute Output button
- External audio and Audiobus input
- Total parameter recall
- High resolution graphics optimized for Retina displays
- Identifying issues in the stereo image
- Checking phase and stereo balance issues
- As a professional stereo metering with peak, RMS, peak hold, and max peak readings
- Calibrating preamp, compressor, EQ, and other external processors’ gains for optimal stereo recording, mixing, etc.
Vectorscope is US $4.99 in the App Store.