Positive Grid has introduced BIAS, a new app that they say turns your iPad into “the world’s most complete, accurate and versatile guitar amplifier modeler for iPad”.
BIAS starts with replications of 36 of the most sought-after vintage and modern amps and then lets you customize them. Swap out the tubes, preamp, transformer, tone stacks, cab and mic – even change the tube’s bias.
Here’s a demo of BIAS in action:
- 36 amp models included with the introductory release
- Factory categories organize amps by music genre and sonic impact: clean, blues, twang, crunch, metal, acoustic and bass
- Fully customizable preamps, tone stacks, power amps, transformers, cabinets and mic selection and placement – mix and match
- Customize the look and feel of your own amp panel, change name, tolex, panel and knobs.
- Works the way guitarists think: tweak gain and overdrive, swap out tubes and transformers, change the cabinet and mic position, and shape the tone with different tone stacks and two 8-band equalizers
- Included noise gate and room simulator
- Create a virtually unlimited number of custom amps
- Quick preset to recall each of your 8 favorite settings in turn with just one tap
- Seamless integration with JamUp XT and JamUp Pro XT, open and save your amp models inside JamUp with one tap
- Works with GarageBand and other audio apps via Inter-App Audio and Audiobus.
- Designed for iOS 7, requires iPad 2 or newer
BIAS app is available for $19.99 in the App Store.
If you’ve used BIAS, leave a comment and let us know what you think of it!