Master FX is intended for real-time processing of sound from one or two external instruments or microphones separately while playing or singing. It can also mix instrument sound or voice with pre-recorded audio tracks. Master FX can also be used as a sound processor within a variety of other musical applications as it supports Audiobus. This allows the app to be used as an effects processor as part of an iOS-based multitrack recording system.
Here’s a demo of Master FX in action:
- 3-Band parametric equalizer
- Pitch modulator
- Limiter on main output
- Low-latency for real time playing.
- Up to 6 effects at once.
- Various options for connecting effect modules.
- Processing of the two channels separately.
- Built-in player with playlists feature.
- Convenient playback control.
- Built-in recorder with switching sources (input, processed, output).
- Individual presets for each effect module.
- Global presets for all module parameters and connections.
- Includes control options designed specifically for live performance.
- Supports Audiobus in Effect or Output position.
- Support Dropbox web service (you will need free Dropbox account).
- Exchange files between applications through audio clipboard.
- Support “Open in” feature to move audio files from other applications.
- Option “Open file in” sends file directly to another application.
- Access to files through internal Web service in local network.
- Support for iTunes file share.
- iPad 2 and higher is strongly recommended (especially with Audiobus).
- Generally this application can be run on first generation iPad but there is a possibility of audio dropouts. Offline processing can be done with any iPad.
Master FX is available in the App Store for US $11.99.
If you’ve used Master FX, leave a comment and let us know what you think of it!