Reader Damien Calloway lets us know that Korg M01D – a software M01 synth workstation for the Nintendo 3DS – is now available in the Nintendo eshop in the US & UK/EU.
Here’s what he has to say about Korg M01D:
I have tried it and I am very happy with it. All features appear to work as advertised, and it even includes a kaoss pad.
There is a midi export function as well, but the file name is hard coded, so you need to take care not to overwrite it if you didn’t want to.
- 8 part multi-timbral synthesizer with 342 sounds (max 24 voices)
- includes all of the original sounds from the KORG M1, selected sounds from the KORG 01/W and some all new sounds developed for the M01
- Master effects: Reverb and Delay
- 8 track/max 64 step sequencer for 1 scene/ up to 99 scenes
- Sound browser, Mixer, Keyboard
- Easy input “KAOSS” mode for notes, chords and drums using the touch screen
- Exchange song data with other Nintendo 3DS using Nintendo local wireless communication and via the Internet
- 3D viewing of M01D on the 3D Screen
Here’s the official video preview: