TEControl’s breath controllers are designed to let you add realistic expression to electronic music performances. According to the company, the controllers give you ‘excellent control of volume, expression, velocity cross-fade etc… of soft synths and sample libraries’.
Since it transmits the same MIDI messages on both the USB MIDI and the MIDI DIN outputs, the UNI MIDI Breath Controller can be used with a computer, a synth/keyboard or both at the same time.
- Software configurable min/max input and out ranges, sensitivity, MIDI channel and MIDI CC, Pitch bend or Aftertouch
- Save and load your presets
- Insensitive to ambient pressure
- Full resolution for all input ranges (MIDI 0-127)
- Firmware upgradable for future enhancements
- USB-MIDI class compliant, Plug&Play out of the box on Windows and Mac
- Powered by the USB connector – a regular USB charger (not included) can be used for standalone operation with a keyboard/sythesizer
- Standard MIDI out port
- Configuration Utility available for Windows and MAC, tested on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, OS X 10.5, 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8
The Universal Breath Controller is priced at 150 Euro and is available via the TEControl site.
via reader Rudolf Schmidt, KVR