Developer Calvin Chu has announced Palette – a new modular MIDI controller system that makes creating a custom controller easy.
Palette lets you build a physical interface customized to your personal needs. It is a hardware platform made up of a variety of modules. Each module has a single physical input, like a button, dial or a slider. You snap together modules like Lego.
Here’s a video intro to Palette:
How does it work?
Each kit comes with it’s own Power Module. To create a custom controller:
- Connect the Power Module to a USB port
- The Power Module is detected by our Palette Desktop App
- Connect as many modules as you’d like to create your own unique interface
- The desktop app detects these modules on the fly, as you add and rearrange them
- Use the app to individually map modules to software functions, or use presets to map them all at once
Palette is being developed as a Kickstarter project, with kit options starting at $89 CAD. See the project site for more info.
Check out the Palette system and let us know what you think of it!