The Critter & Guitari Melody Mill is a note generation module for Eurorack modular synthesizers. It contains a keyboard, CV outputs, CV clock input, built-in arpeggiators, a sequencer, and MIDI capabilities.
With the Melody Mill you can:
- Use the CV output to control oscillators
- Connect your MIDI controller or computer into your modular setup using the MIDI input
- Play notes, record and playback sequences and arpeggios on your favorite modules
- Convert MIDI clock into CV pulses
- Clock the arpeggiator with an LFO for strange melodies
- Hold notes for drones
- Connect the built-in square wave oscillator directly to a filter or an amp
The Melody Mill generates 1-Volt per octave, trigger, and gate control voltages. These signals are used to trigger other synthesizer modules. Notes may be played on the built-in keyboard or received via MIDI. The notes may be used directly to generate the CV signals, or fed through one of the five arpeggiator modes first. ‘Adding to the fun’ are a hold button and a simple sequencer to record and playback notes. In addition to the CV outputs, the Melody Mill also outputs MIDI of the note it is generating.
A ‘smart’ arpeggiator clock selects a clock source depending on what is connected to the Melody Mill: CV clock input, MIDI clock, or internal clock (controlled by the ‘Rate’ knob).
The six modes are:
- Single Shot
- Up Arpeggio
- Down Arpeggio
- Pyramid Arpeggio
- Alternator Arpeggio
- Random Arpeggio
The Melody Mill is priced at US $360 and is available via the Critter & Guitari site.