Tone2 has introduced Nemesis – a new software synth that they say ‘takes FM synthesis to its next evolutionary step: NeoFM synthesis’.
It also sets a new standard for gratuitously sexy 3D renderings of virtual instruments. It’s so shiny it’s got virtual lens flare!
Look beyond the glossy renderings, though, and Nemesis does pack a lot of power.
It offers traditional FM synthesis, as well as a new approach to FM called NeoFM synthesis that they say makes FM ‘accessible to everyone’. If that’s not enough, Nemesis offers a total of 22 combinable synthesis types, including: Additive, Formant, Wavetables, Waveshaping, Phase distortion, Sync and Reso synthesis.
Here’s the video intro for Nemesis:
- Offers a new and user-friendly approach to FM synthesis. Nemesis makes FM synthesis accessible to everyone, regardless of skill level or experience.
- Easy to tweak presets or program your own sounds with.
- NeoFM covers all important aspects of traditional FM synthesis, but is in no way limited only to bell-style sounds. It offers a very large sonic range, one that is much more varied than other FM synths.
- Due to its innovative technical approach, neoFM does not suffer from a metallic sound or from the weaknesses of conventional FM.
- No fewer than 22 combinable synthesis types. Nemesis expands FM with further synthesis methods such as Additive, Formant, Wavetables, Waveshaping, Phase distortion, Sync and Reso synthesis.
- Contains 1000 inspiring patches from professional designers.
- Unique signature sound.
- Nemesis features a large number of exclusive sounds that are not possible with other synthesizers.
- Perfect for modern, as well as all other music styles.
- Wave import, resynthesis and the additive spectral editor offer unlimited sonic possibilities.
- True 4x stereo unison.
- An extensive number of high-end quality effects, with flexible and innovative routing options.
- Trancegate with an extensive selection of setup options.
- High-End sound quality with low demands on your CPU.
- Powerful, easy-to-use arpeggiator.
Nemesis is expected to be released in Dec 2013. Pricing is TBA.
Check out the specs and video demo and let us know what you think of Nemesis!