UltraTuner is available as stand-alone app for the iPhone and iPod Touch, or as an in-app purchase within AmpliTube for iPhone and iPad (in all versions).
IK Multimedia touts the UltraTuner app as one of the “fastest, smoothest and most responsive tuning engines” among tuner apps. The tuner is precise to below a hundredth of a cent (beyond human perception of pitch), more accurate than a mechanical strobe tuner. The UltraTuner’s accurate pitch detection happens via a proprietary dual-analysis processing engine which allows the tuner a more accurate reading of the frequency of the incoming note. UltraTuner’s precision also allows for easier intonation of string instruments like guitar or bass, and offers note precision down to less than .01 (1/100th) of a cent, useful for calibrating electronic instruments like vintage synthesizers.
UltraTuner offers two basic modes of operation: Stage and Studio. Stage mode features a simple interface that is easy to see in low-light conditions. Studio mode provides pitch tracking, to monitor changes in pitch over time, or as a proprietary oscilloscope wave form display.
- Innovative tuning engine with 0.01 cent resolution
- Dual Mode: Stage and Studio
- Large Tuning indicator visible from a distance (stage mode)
- Tuning History to see the tuning variations over time (studio mode)
- Temperament selection includes: Equal, Pythagorean, Just Major, 1/4 Comma Mean Tone, Kimberger III, Werckmeister III, Young and Kellner
- Useful for tuning, as well as for non-chromatic instrument training
Pricing & Availability. IK Multimedia’s UltraTuner app is available today as a standalone app from the App Store for iPhone and iPod touch for $4.99 / 4.49 Euro, or as an in-app purchase within AmpliTube for iPhone (Free/ LE/ Full versions), and AmpliTube for iPad (Free/ Full versions). For more information, consult the IK Multimedia website.
Here’s an overview video about UltraTuner: