“These companies nurture brilliant artists,” notes Emmy Parker, Brand Director, Moog Music Inc. & Moogfest. “We’re crafting an event that celebrates the innovative spirit of Bob Moog: different modes of thinking, new ideas and technology, and intensely diverse music. These are the right group of creative curators to make that happen on the music side.”
Music showcases will be part of the nighttime programming that will feature diverse musical performances by new trailblazers, early pioneers of electronic music, and major headliners in over ten venues across the city of Asheville, NC. Headliners will be announced later this month.
Here are the details on the music showcase curators:
- Warp Records – Since its birth as a shop and record label in Sheffield, UK in 1989, Warp has become one of the world’s most respected electronic and experimental dance labels. It is notable for discovering some of the more enduring artists in electronic music. Running parallel to the music is an equally strong visual identity, famously established through partnerships with graphic design iconoclasts The Designer’s Republic and video auteur Chris Cunningham, placing Warp alongside legendary labels such as Factory in electronic music history.
- Fool’s Gold – Founded in 2007 by DJs A-Trak and Nick Catchdubs, this Brooklyn based label established itself with a non-stop series of releases bridging hip-hop and electronic music.
- Ghostly – Ghostly International is a multi-platform cultural curator: art gallery, design house, clothing designer, technology innovator, music-publishing company – and, yes, record label.
- No. 19 Music – The Toronto based record label and events company created and run by DJ / Producers Jonny White and Nitin with Most Wanted Entertainment’s Jazz Spinder. The No.19 brand/concept was created based on ideas expressed in article No.19 of the declaration of human rights – ‘Freedom of Expression’.
- RVNG Intl. – RVNG Intl. is a Brooklyn-based music institution that features forward-reaching artists, sometimes categorized as electronic, avant, free, fried, etc. RVNG seeks to appease collector fandom with extravagant packaging and to remind hopeful audiophile generations of the sonic spectacle that transforms the surrounding airspace when needle presses vinyl
- Driftless Recordings – Driftless Recordings is a record label by Joel Ford and Patrick McDermott that unites a diverse cross-section of artists, who are using music and field recordings and a general obsession with sound as a way of understanding the weird world they inhabit.
- Crew Love – Crew Love is a collaborative concept from Wolf + Lamb, Soul Clap, and Double Standard, three record labels known for their devotion to music that challenges the mind, moves the heart, and sways the hips.
- AFROPUNK – AFROPUNK is an emerging and influential community of young, gifted people of all backgrounds who speak through music and culture. While the two-day AFROPUNK festival in Brooklyn is a well-known annual showcase, AFROPUNK is a year-round endeavor, staging live events, producing films and media, as well as hosting a website and a message-board that actively engages a global community.
- Movement Electronic Music Festival – Detroit’s Movement Electronic Music Festival is an annual three-day event held during Memorial Day weekend, celebrating the city’s electronic music legacy.
- Hopscotch Music Festival – Celebrating its fifth anniversary in September 2014, Hopscotch Music Festival in Raleigh, NC has cemented its reputation with adventurous bookings that pair local North Carolina talent with notable national and international acts.
- Switched On – Switched On is a synthesizer dream space, storefront, repair spa, and online retailer of music electronics. Founded in 2010 in Austin, Texas, the Switched On storefront has become an international destination for musicians, producers, sound designers, and creatives alike.
Moogfest 2014 GA Package – tickets are available for $199* through Thursday, December 19, 2013. After this date, GA Package increases to $299.