Caustic – a software virtual studio – has made the leap from Android to iOS.
Caustic 3 lets you create a custom studio rack by adding up to 14 machines from a choice of:
- Subsynth – Virtual analog subtractive synthesizer
- PCMSynth – Multi-sample wave synthesizer
- BassLine – 303-like monosynth
- BeatBox – 8-channel sampling drum machine
- PadSynth – Harmonic table pad synthesizer
- 8BitSynth – 8bit equation solver synthesizer
- Modular – Fully configurable and routable synthesizer
- Organ – Tonewheel organ with rotary speaker
- Vocoder – 8-band harmonic vocoder
- FMSynth – DX-style 3-operator fm synthesizer
The app also includes:
- Effects rack supporting 2 effects per machine (16 effect types).
- Mixer desk with EQ, panning and global Delay/Reverb effects.
- Master section with effect slots, parametric EQ and limiter.
- Song sequencer
- Caustic 3 supports automation recording on most controls and includes powerful editors for modifying automation curves.
- Users can record their own WAV files for use in the PCMSynth, BeatBox, and Vocoder or import files through iTunes file sharing or the built-in FTP server.
- Supports all uncompressed WAV files (8-16-24-32bit, any sampling rate).
- The PCMSynth can also load SoundFont files (.sf2) and FL/Xewton instruments (.instr, .ZIP)
- Exported songs can be shared using the AudioShare app.
- Supports CoreMIDI for note and velocity data.
- See the in-app help section for dozens of informative tutorial videos and full online manual.
- There is also a FREE (full version) PC version available for download on the product website.
Here’s the official promo:
Here’s the official overview video:
There is an extensive collection of tutorials available for Caustic 3 at their YouTube channel.
For more info see the Single Cell Software site.
If you’ve used Caustic, leave a comment and let us know what you think of it!