Spektro Audio has introduced CV Toolkit, a standalone software application that lets you use your computer as part of a modular synthesizer
CV Toolkit offers common synth modules like LFO’s & S&H in virtual form, and generates CV signals through any DC-coupled audio interface or Expert Sleeper’s module.
The 1.0 version ships with 13 virtual modules. You can route the output of any of any module to analog outputs, analyzers (LED / Oscilloscope) or even to the input of certain modules (S&H / Biased Switcher / Slew).
- Standalone application – doesn’t require any additional software
- MIDI Clock – sync it to your favorite DAWs, drum machines, iOS apps and etc.
- Hands-on Experience – control all parameters from you iPad using the Lemur app (native OSC integration).
- Routing Matrix – route signals
- ScanGraph – a new concept of modulation
- Biased Switcher – let the program flip a coin and decide how it’s inputs will flow
- Eight analog outputs – you can use up to eight analog outputs to send signals to your modular synthesizer
- MIDI In / Out
- Works on both Mac and PC
- 64-bit application
- Clean and simple interface
- Save and recall patches
Here’s a demo of the CV Toolkit in action:
CV Toolkit also offers Lemur integration:
CV Toolkit is available for US $19.99, with an introductory price of $14.99.
If you’ve used CV Toolkit, let us know what you think of it!