At the 2014 NAMM Show, Focusrite is introducing the iTrack Dock – a new iPad dock that they describe as a ‘comprehensive studio-quality Lightning iPad recording interface’.
The iTrack Dock offers dual Focusrite microphone preamps, two line inputs and an instrument DI, independent stereo monitor and headphone outputs, and a USB port for class-compliant MIDI instruments and controllers. The iTrack Dock is designed to offer everything needed to record, monitor and control music on a Lightning iPad. It even charges and powers the iPad at the same time.
Here’s the official iTrack Dock intro video:
- Dock, charge and record music with the new generation of iPads – iPad(4th Gen) / iPad Air / iPad mini / iPad mini with retina display
- Focusrite A-D/D-A conversion with over 105dB dynamic range, operating at up to 24bit, 96kHz sample rates.
- Two Focusrite mic pres, as featured in the Scarlett range of USB audio interfaces, include 48V Phantom power for use with condenser microphones. iTrack Dock also features Focusrite’s unique “Gain Halos” – a ring of light around the input gain control – to easily set the input gain: green for healthy signal, red if it’s too hot.
- Dedicated maximum headroom guitar DI: iTrack Dock provides a guitar input with plenty of clean, clear headroom to capture both quiet and loud guitars with stunning clarity.
- USB MIDI port connects and powers a MIDI controller: USB MIDI port for class compliant MIDI controller connectivity (MIDI + power)
- Works with any Core Audio app: From GarageBand to Cubasis, Auria and beyond, iTrack Dock expands the functionality of any Core Audio application – and with its built-in Core Audio driver there’s no setup required.
- Over 105dB dynamic range: Balanced main monitor outputs plus a stereo headphone output, with more than enough power for headphones and powered monitor speakers.
- Latency-free direct monitoring: iTrack Dock’s direct monitoring sends your input signal straight to the headphone and main monitor.
- Stereo line inputs: Connect synths, drum machines, CD players and more with balanced stereo line in.
- Versatile recording app included: Includes the Tape by Focusrite app for iPad, which offers recording, mastering and sharing
The iTrack Dock is priced at US $249.99 MSRP / $199.99 street. See the Focusrite site for more info.