2014 NAMM Show: Bitwig has announced that Bitwig Studio, long in beta, will launch on March 26th, 2014.
The cross platform DAW (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux) is created by some of the original developers of Ableton Live. It offers deep multi-core and multi-processor support, built-in 32/64-bit bridging, plugin-crash-protection, multi-display support, the ability to open multiple projects at once, 50 included devices and open controller API and more.
Bitwig Studio is priced at US $399/299 Euro for the download version. A boxed version will also be available. A free demo version will also be available.
We’ll have more info from the NAMM Show – but check out the details and let us know what you think!
- Full multi-core and multi-processor support.
- VST 2.4 support with built-in 32/64-bit bridging and plug-in crash protection.
- Proprietary time-stretching technology.
- Multi-display support for up to 3 displays.
- Tabbed document interface for multiple projects open at once with drag-and-drop between them.
- Over 50 included devices, including conventional Instruments (Polysynth, FM-4, Organ, Sampler and analog-style Drum Modules) and FX (Delays, Equalizers, Compressors), as well as Container devices (to build parallel instrument or effect chains), Note FX, and Modulator devices (additional controllers like LFOs and step sequencers for modulating any other device)..
- Unified Modulation System: Use Macro Controls, Note Expressions, LFOs, and Envelope Followers to modulate any device parameter, including nested internal devices and even VST plug-ins.
- Advanced layered editing.
- Note and Audio expressions, including per-note Micro-Pitch Control.
- Dynamic Object Inspector: Select multiple notes or events and edit them together with the interactive parameter histogram, easily adding variations as you go.
- Automatic sample slicing to both Sampler or Drum Machine.
- Multiple audio events per clip: Automatically cut up samples and rearrange them on the fly in the Detail Editor.
- Support for various MIDI controllers out of the box.
- Sound Content: Over one thousand presets and sounds, 3 GB of factory content: Drum Machines (808, 909… Percussion), Acoustic Drums, multi-sampled instruments like Wurlitzer, Rhodes, Vibraphone, Marimba, Acoustic and Electric Bass, Sampled Drum and Instrument loops, Various Sound FX, and additional partner content.
- Open Controller API: Create and customize functionality for virtually any MIDI controller, including scripting access to nearly every feature of BITWIG STUDIO.