BT and iZotope have announced BreakTweaker – a new beat mangling app.
Designed by BT (the producer behind Stutter Edit) and developed by iZotope, BreakTweaker is a described as ‘futuristic drum sculpting and beat sequencing machine’.
Here’s the official BreakTweaker intro:
Powered by three distinct modules, the Sequencer, the Generator, and the MicroEdit Engine, BreakTweaker is a creative rhythmic instrument that allows you to manipulate audio at the finest resolution.
Here’s another video demo that features beats from Break Tweaker:
- Manipulate audio at a molecular level: Reinvent any beat by controlling pitch, rhythm, and texture at the finest resolution on the market.
- Free yourself from traditional drum grids: Create complex polyrhythmic beats with unique isorhythm and playback speed settings.
- Experiment with stunning content: Explore presets, drum samples, and wavetables designed by today’s top musicians and DJs, including BT.
- Craft the perfect drum sound: Blend drum samples with robust synthesis features to generate compelling hybrid sounds.
- Take control of your beats: Easily trigger and sequence complex patterns and samples using any MIDI controller.
BreakTweaker is available to download now for the introductory price of US $249.