2014 NAMM Show: Arturia has announced Spark 2.0, featuring a new interface that allows users to add and subtract modules (including oscillators, multimode filters and Karplus-Strong filter, ADR envelopes, LFOs, mixers, ring modulator, Bode Frequency Shifter, spring mass, and CV processor); create their own patch routings; and assign up to six macro controls for immediate control.
Spark’s fully-modular VA (Virtual Analogue) sound engine adds 50 new kits, including no fewer than 800 new instruments, that span more musical genres than ever before. The kits come complete with 32 patterns that can be used by themselves or to form the basis of user-programmed beats.
MAIN FEATURES :
- All new graphics:
- Tabbed pages
- Expanded Pattern edit screen
- New mixer
- Enhanced Library page for better data management
- Extended REX support:
- REX file playback per pad
- Manipulation of REX File slices.
- Modular Drum synth editor:
- Create your own patches
- Edit existing patches
- Create custom instrument macro controls modules including:
- Multimode filters and Karplus strong filter
- ADR envelopes
- Bode Frequency Shifter
- Spring mass
- CV processor
- Song mode:
- NEW 16 song segments
- Song segment triggering from hardware
Spark 2 is expected to be available in March 2014. Existing Spark and SparkLE users will be able to download Spark 2 for free. Spark Creative Drum Machine and SparkLE Creative Drum Machine can be purchased for $399 or $299, respectively. See the Arturia site for details.