Scott Tibbs introduces Roland’s new RD-800 stage piano at the 2014 NAMM Show.
The Roland RD-800 is their flagship stage piano, offering a hammer-action weighted 88-note keyboard and a sound library of pianos, electric pianos, organs and synths.
- Professional stage piano with the acclaimed SuperNATURAL Piano engine plus many other top Roland sounds and features
- Choose from a wide selection of acoustic pianos voiced for live playing, including a new Concert Grand tone derived from the V-Piano Grand, upright tones, and more
- Newly enhanced SuperNATURAL-based electric pianos and clavs with authentic vintage sound and feel
- Over 1100 additional sounds for versatility on stage, including Virtual Tone Wheel organs, vintage keys, modern synths, and many others
- Roland’s top-of-the-line PHA-4 Concert Keyboard with Escapement and Ebony/Ivory Feel, equipped with the latest touch-detection technology
- Intuitive interface designed for easy operation while performing, with fast access to essential functions such as tone layering, keyboard split point, and more
- Manipulate sounds quickly on stage via dedicated controls for Live Set selection, part levels, Modulation FX, Tremolo, Amp Simulator, and more
- Tone Color knob provides complex tonal manipulation in real time with a single control
- Color LCD and panel knobs with LED indicators provide easy visibility on dark stages
- WAV recording/song playback and user memory backup with optional USB flash memory
- Master MIDI keyboard controller features; four external pedal connections (Damper, FC1, FC2, and EXT)
- 1/4-inch and balanced XLR stereo output jacks; convenient 1/8-inch stereo input for connecting a music player or other device
- Sleek, durable design with reduced weight for easier transport
Pricing and availability for the Roland RD-800 are TBA.