At the 2014 NAMM Show, Universal Audio introduced the Apollo Twin High-Resolution Desktop Interface with Realtime UAD Processing. The 2×6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac combines the 24/192 kHz audio conversion of Universal Audio’s Apollo series with onboard Realtime UAD SOLO or DUO Processing.
The Apollo Twin allows Mac users to record in real time (at near-zero latency) through the full range of UAD Powered Plug-Ins available in the UA Online Store, including titles from Neve, Studer, Manley, Lexicon, API and more.
Apollo Twin also introduces new Unison technology – which uses Apollo’s mic preamps and its onboard UAD plug-in processing to recreate the tone of classic tube and solid state mic preamps, including their impedance, gain stage ‘sweet spots,’ and component-level circuit behaviors.
Apollo Twin will ship with Universal Audio’s Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle, featuring legacy editions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, the all-new 610-B Tube Preamp plug-in, and more.
Here’s the official intro video:
- Desktop 2×6 Thunderbolt audio interface with world-class 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Realtime UAD Processing for tracking through vintage Compressors, EQs, Tape Machines, Mic Preamps, and Guitar Amp plug-ins with near-zero (sub-2ms) latency
- Thunderbolt connection for blazing-fast PCIe speed and rock-solid performance on modern Macs
- New Unison technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps
- 2 premium mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical connection
- Includes “Realtime Analog Classics” UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy editions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, 610-B Tube Preamp, and more
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via Audio Units, VST, RTAS & AAX 64
- Available with either UAD-2 SOLO or UAD-2 DUO DSP processing onboard
The Apollo Twin is available in both SOLO and DUO models (with either one or two Analog Devices SHARC processors, respectively), with estimated street prices of $699 (SOLO) and $899 (DUO). See the Universal Audio site for more info.