Holderness Media has released Stereo Designer for iPad – a multi-purpose stereo shaping tool for Audiobus and Inter-app Audio.
Stereo Designer lets you create unique wide stereo images, ‘stereoize’ a mono sound source, apply mid/side processing, independent high and low pass filters per channel, and more:
Process synths, drum machines and hundreds of other apps by connecting through Audiobus. Use Stereo Designer as an effect inside Garageband, Auria, Cubasis, and AudioShare using Audiobus or Inter-app audio.
Stereo Designer features two distinct modes:
- PERFORM mode is focused around four XY touch pads. Touch to control LOW PASS, DELAY, PAN and OUTPUT gain independently for left and right channels.
- TWEAK mode features large expressive sliders and additional effect parameters, allowing you to fine tune your sound.
In addition to Audiobus and Inter-app Audio support, Stereo Designer can also process external instruments such as guitar, voice and synths by connecting a microphone or an audio interface.
- Control individual Left/Right channel volume, panning, filter and more.
- Mid/Side (M/S) processing mode lets you adjust the volume, high and low pass filters for Mid and Side independently.
- Widen or reduce the stereo width of an input signal.
- Independent panning position of each channel, allowing for interesting stereo placement.
- Individual High and Low Pass filter per channel for additional stereo shaping.
- Phase (polarity) invert Left/Right channels.
- Isolate the Left or Right channel and manipulate the resulting mono signal.
- Stereoize mono inputs using individual channel delay + High and Low Pass filters.
- Sum Left and Right channels to mono.
Here is a complete walk-through of Stereo Designer:
Here is a video demonstration of using Stereo Designer to manipulate the stereo image:
Stereo Designer is available now for $2.99 in the App Store.
If you’ve used Stereo Designer, leave a comment and let us know what you think of it!