These videos offer an overview of CV Toolkit 1.1 – a $19.99 standalone application that lets you use software modules to control analog synthesizers.
It works by sending CV signals through any DC-coupled audio interface or Expert Sleeper’s ES-3 module. The 1.1 version ships with 15 virtual modules that offer different modulation options such as LFO, sequencer, envelope generators, etc. CV Toolkit also has a MIDI to CV virtual module that let’s you calibrate your VCOs and play them in tune.
You can also use the Routing Matrix to route the output of any of any module to analog outputs, analyzers (LED / Oscilloscope) or even to the input of certain modules (S&H / Biased Switcher / Slew).
CV Toolkit Tutorial:
MIDI to CV:
External MIDI/CV Quantizer:
MIDI Toolkit + iOS Apps + MIDI over WiFi:
- Standalone application doesn’t require any additional software.
- MIDI to CV – Calibrate your VCOs and play them in tune.
- Hands-on Experience – control all parameters from you iPad using the Lemur app (native OSC integration).
- Routing Matrix
- CV Quantizer – Quantize the output signal of any of the virtual module to a specific key and scale.
- Save and recall patches
- ScanGraph – a new concept of modulation
- Biased Switcher – let the program flip a coin and decide how it’s inputs will flow.
- MIDI Clock – sync it to your favorite DAWs, drum machines, iOS apps and etc.
- Eight analog outputs – you can use up to eight analog outputs to send signals to your modular synthesizer
- MIDI In / Out
- Works on both Mac and PC
- 64-bit application
- Clean and simple interface
See the Spektro Audio site for details.