Universal Audio, in partnership with Brainworx and in conjunction with Dangerous Music Digital has released the Dangerous BAX EQ Plug-In Collection for UAD-2 DSP Accelerators and Apollo-equipped workstations. Designed as a ‘finishing EQ,’ the Dangerous BAX EQ Plug-In Collection is the first and only authentic plug-in emulation of the Peter Baxandall’s “legendary” 1950s EQ, a hardware studio staple.
The BAX EQ Collection contains two distinct plug-ins: the Dangerous BAX EQ Mix and the Dangerous BAX EQ Master — a stereo version with Mid/Side processing capabilities not found on the original hardware.
Dangerous BAX EQ Plug-In Collection Features
- Based on Peter Baxandall’s legendary 1950s EQ circuitry
- Modeled exactly after the original Dangerous design, schematics, and hardware
- Low Frequency cut filters dial-out unwanted subsonic frequencies, cleaning up low-end rumble and increasing headroom
- High frequency filters tame high-end harshness
- Broad Q Shelving for a natural, open character
- New Mid/Side function on stereo EQ Master version – not found on the original hardware
- Linked controls mode on EQ Master version
[Requires UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Card or Apollo Interface, available from authorized dealers worldwide.]
“When designing the Bax EQ we asked ourselves, ‘Does the world really need another equalizer?'” says Bob Muller, President of Dangerous Music. “We wanted to do something special and unique, more of a tone control-style finishing EQ that would not alter the essential character of the audio. We just wanted to make it sound better while allowing the user to shape the sound in ways that are not possible with a conventional EQ.”
Pricing and Availability. Available for purchase via UA’s Online Store for $249, the Dangerous BAX EQ Plug-In Collection is part of the new UAD Software v7.5 which also includes the UA 610 Tube Preamp & EQ Collection. More information about the Dangerous BAX EQ Plug-In Collection is available at the Universal Audio website.