VirSyn has released microTera for iPad – a waveshaping synthesizer.
Waveshaping Synthesis is a type of distortion synthesis that can create dynamic spectra in a controlled way. In waveshaping, it is possible to change the spectrum with the amplitude of the sound. A simple example of this method is the clipping caused by overdriving an audio amplifier.
microTera supports key technologies for iOS users, including AudioBus, Inter-App Audio & CoreMIDI.
Here’s a demo of microTera in action:
- Wavehaper with user programmable shape
- Spectral shape specification
- Three sine oscillators
- Feedback input for noise components
- 4 Low frequency oscillators
- 4 Envelopes with tempo sync
- 64 time/level segments per envelope
- Monophonic or polyphonic with 16 voices.
- Over 150 factory sounds
- Uses programmable sequences with up to 32 steps.
- Can trigger single notes and chords.
- Unique randomizer generates Arpeggios with 100% usability.
- 32 Arpeggios included, unlimited useer arpeggios possible.
- For each step you can program tie, accent, transposition and note order
- Distortion (Tape/Tube/…)
- Audiobus compatible (Input slot)
- Inter App Audio compatible.
- CoreMIDI / Virtual MIDI
- Audio recorder with Metronome.
- Upload to SoundCloud and File Export.
- Audio pasteboard.
microTera is available now in the App Store for US $9.99.
If you’ve used microTera, let us know what you think of it!