Proximity is free plugin, for Mac & Windows, that lets you control the psychoacoustic ‘depth’ of sounds.
The plug-in is an easy to use distance ‘pan-pot’, based on several psycho-acoustic models. The idea is to give you a way to manipulate the depth of several sound sources in a straightforward and convincing manner.
Several models can be combined:
- Distance signal delay by speed of sound
- Distance gain loss
- Absorption of high-frequencies in air
- Stereo width manipulation
- Proximity effect of virtual microphone
- Distance based early reflections
All models can be turned on and off invidually. Distance modulation options extend the creative possibilities even further. Units can be switched from metric (meters) to imperial (inches).
See the Proximity site for details.
If you’ve tried Proximity, let us know what you think of it!