Korg today released an update to Gadget – its virtual studio for the iPad.
The update adds support for Audiobus and introduces new ‘pro’ features, including increased maximum bar length and automation parameter edit support. Plus ‘Increased Japanese’!
- Audiobus support (iPad Air/iPad mini Retina recomended)
- Increased maximum bar length of clip from 8 bar to 16 bar
- Automation parameter edit support without real-time recording
- Arrange tracks
- Track number support
- Improved auto-naming function when creating a new song
- Improved drawing capability
Enhancement of Sequencer
- Auto scroll sequencer when dragging notes toward the edges of screen
- Easier to change note length at the right edge of screen
- You can now move and edit multiple notes together while maintaining their relative pitch
- Reduce to one action to access parameters such as bar length
Enhancement of ‘Hybrid Design’
- Refined Hybrid Design with UI/UX experts
- Optimized design with Function along with streamlined iOS 7 design
- Improved animation when loading a song
- Increased Japanese
Enhancement of ‘GadgetCloud’
- GadgetCloud website version open (www.korg.com/gadgetcloud)
- Display update date of top chart
- Activity tab support to show your activity. Notifications now inform you when your track is liked / you are followed, etc.
- You can now add tags when uploading to SoundCloud
Other small tweaks have been made to improve usability and stability.
Korg also released a pdf Beginner’s Guide to Gadget (PDF).
Korg Gadget is available in the App Store for $29.99.
If you’ve used Gadget – leave a comment and let us know what you think of it!