XILS-Lab has released XILS 3 Version 2.0 – an update to their advanced modular synthesizer that adds more modules, more presets, more resources, a revamped User Interface, improved ergonomics and workflow, enhanced features and more.
The XILS 3 V2.0 not only emulates the Synthi ( VCS 3 ) modular synthesizer, it also adds an emulation of the EMS 256 Analog Sequencer. Also added in v2:
- A SECOND Matrix, with 2 additional envelopes, one LFO, a detailed Sample and Hold module, and a Voltage processor
- Input modules: Gate, Transient, Envelope Follower and Pitch Tracker to transform the XILS 3 into an advanced Effect Processor
- Analog-style chorus with three modes, delay and phaser
- In the XILS 3, you can connect everything with everything, and you get more than 800 possible different connections per patch
- 6 Oscillators grouped in 3 pairs, with WaveShaping (on sine wave, saw, triangle and square)
- 1 Noise Oscillator ( With Noise color )
- 1 Analog Filter, Non Linear and zero delay Behaviors, with 3 Modes (12/18/24 dB LowPass)
- 3 Trapezoidal Envelope Generators, Looping EG in the time of analog (Switchable to ADSR )
- 2 Polyphonic LFOs ( including 1 Oscillator acting as LFO at audiorate )
- Polyphonic Ring Modulator
- 2 independent outputs feeding the Stereo Bus, each with one analog Lp/Hp filter
- Programmable Joystick Vector Controller ( up to 32+32 modulation targets )
- Polyphonic Sequencer with 3 independent lines, Slew rates, 3 recording modes.
- Sequencer can behave as modulation source.
- Pitch Tracker, Envelope Follower, Transient, Gate, Sample & Hold Modules
Chorus, Delay, Spring Reverb
- 6 Play modes (including Unison 2/4/6 ), Polyphonic and mono
- Portamento/Glissando/Legato, 2 different Keyboard Scaling, Polyphonic Aftertouch and VCA handling.
- Hundreds of presets made by worldwide famous Sound Designers
- Preset Database Engine ( Find the right patch in a flash, create your own tags )
- Comprehensive manual with a getting started and tutorial sections
- Instrument or Effect plug-in
Here are video demos of the new version:
XILS 3 version 2 is a free update for existing users. See the XILS-Lab site for full details.