Billaboop Studio has introduced vidibox – a new video remixing app for iPad that lets users create real-time music and video projects, using a drum pad interface.
vidibox is sort of like an MPC for audio & video remixing. It uses a transparent drum pad interface, and you can assign audio or video samples to each pad. And it supports MIDI, so can even sequence it.
Here’s the official preview video for vidibox:
The tutorial videos, below, give a lot more insight into what vidibox can do:
- Transparent drum pad interface. Slots can contain audio, video or both.
- Easy media import and arranging via drag and drop to slots.
- Audio and video can be imported separately.
- Play up to 16 tracks simultaneously, freestyle or quantized to the BPM.
- An automatic video composition engine displays multiple videos at once.
- Choose from several video composition layouts.
- Audio and video FX bank.
- Trim and organize media with simple, intuitive gestures.
- Hold, trigger or loop media.
- External screen support to display projects with the app hidden.
- Record videos of performances in real time and easily share them.
- Compress vidibox projects and share them on Dropbox.
- Audiobus support.
- MIDI in/out support via CoreMidi.
vidibox is compatible with all iPad models from iPad 2 up, but the developer recommends the iPad 4th generation, iPad Air and iPad Mini Retina models for best performance.
vidibox is available for US $9.99 in the App Store.