midiSequencer for iPad – a software step sequencer – has been updated to version 1.5.
Here’s what’s new:
- Completely rewritten to use MidiBus library to get rock solid midi clock, messages and OMAC & enable future features (e.g. sysex & MTC).
- Now have 4 optional & independant midi controllers per step.
- Improved graphic performance on most controls & app switching (50% less CPU).
- Device panel allowing individual device(network, virtual, midi interface or app) setting of active(on/off), midi clock(active) & latency.
- Latency per interface from 0 to 1000ms for manual synchronisation control on external equipment and slow apps
- File save/load/rename/delete of working bank = named file of 20 snapshots + user entered description
- Skip buttons brings up moveable panel for easy changes during play
- Introduced note conform to scales (chromatic, major & harmonic minor ascending) with enharmonic note names.
- Increased gate% to 400 to allow extended note on (and therefore overlapping note play, longer/shorter ornaments etc)
- Clock multipler – now shows all 4 options at once for multiples.
- Ability to draw controls using swipe and instant place using double tap (both optional via settings).
- Banks can be shared via email and managed externally via iTunes file sharing.
- Clock multiplier keeps same (if possible) tempo – will clamp to max in range(0-255,0-510 in steps of 2, etc)
- Performance rollout panel (invert key rotary and ornaments on/off & snapshot load)
- Added new ornaments: Acciaccatura, 2 & 5 tuplets (so now have 1,2,3,4,5 repeated notes in one step interval possible).
- Midi enabled & device rollout at launch (use Settings to disable this if you wish)
- Randomise controls option to restrict to within current min/max range(i.e randomise between top & bottom control values shown)
- Nudge Left & Right now rotate sequence even during play or delayed until cycle reset
- Transition from NoteTime/StepTime during play virtually seamless.
- Ornaments ignored if BPM>=200
- Loop type now picked from list
- Tempo set with slider and decrement buttons always >0 to stop accidental stopping. Use Stop button for this.
Main Bug fixes:
- Fixed bounce* logic with R & Rx resets
- x in noteTime was halting sequence
- Removed audio glitch in other audio apps when switching to background mode
- sequencer no longer suspended after a few minutes when in background mode
- Ornaments now use music scale tones rather than semitones
- Improved control selection especially when near buttons for ipad mini
midiSequencer is available in the App Store for US $5.99.