Superstar electronic music producer BT & Dr Richard Boulanger, Professor of Electronic Production and Design at Berklee College of Music, have released a new music app, MUSE, which works with the Leap Motion controller & OS X.
The MUSE app gives the user the ability to create ambient electronic music using gestures, captured by the Leap Motion.
Here’s an introduction into MUSE and how it works:
- Hover over cubes to select them; then open your fingers to trigger and play them.
- Move your hands closer to the screen to control the timbre, panning, echo, and reverberation of the sounds you have triggered.
- Swipe in either direction to bring up additional ChordSets, Ambiences, Drones, and Drums.
- Choose from three SoundSets, each with unique Chords, Drones, Drums and Natural Sounds.
- Turn on AutoMuse and play along with or just listen to our intelligent composing system as Muse creates and performs on her own.
- Adjust the Mix and EQ on the Slider Screen.
- Transpose, on the fly, to any key and play along with your friends or other musical pieces.
- Create interesting and complex drum grooves by layering simple rhythmic patterns.
- Record and AutoSave your compositions and performances.
- Hover over the Menu or Transposition icons to reveal and select from the many program options.
- All options and commands are selectable through hand-motions or from the ASCII keyboard.
The following video captures a performance demonstration by Dr. Boulanger:
Pricing and Availability.