Native Instruments has updated Maschine to version 2.1. It’s a free update for existing users.
The video above, via Maschine Tutorials, is a quick overview of the new features.
Here’s what’s new in Maschine 2.1:
- Sounds accessible on pads on sample recording screen
- A batch function to set all sounds in a group to the same MIDI channel. MIDI export available on the Group and Sound levels
- Undocked NI plug-in windows can be pinned to remain active when not in focus
- Scenes can be selected/triggered via MIDI input when MASCHINE is running standalone
- Mix page on MASCHINE and MASCHINE MK2 controllers has been expanded and now provides access to level and pan settings for groups and sounds
- A setting that only turns the metronome on when the Record button is enabled
- Real time group erase function.
- Shift functions allow fast scroll browsing.
- Play quantize option –notes played live on the pads are quantized in real time
- Control software views from the navigate page on MASCHINE and MASCHINE STUDIO controllers
- Instantiating the first plug-in on an empty sound updates the name of that sound to the plug-in name
- Sound, group volume & pan knobs are only displayed on hover
- ALT+Drag for copy-pasting single elements (patterns, scenes, plug-ins) in the Groups / Sounds lists and the plug-in chain
- Browser performance improvements
- Numerous bug fixes, as well as performance and stability improvements
See the NI site for details.