This video series, by Dan Worrall, offers an in-depth introduction to u-he ACE modular synthesizer. Part 1 in the series is embedded above. Additional videos are embedded below.
Ace is a semi-modular software synthesizer, with default routing like ARP 2600.
- 25 signal sources, 30+ signal targets
- up to 8 times unison with +/-2 octave detune range each
- exceptional filters, can self-oscillate
- LFOs can be used as VCOs and vice versa
- sync, FM, cross modulation
- use multiples for inversion, amp / ring modulation etc.
- custom LFO waveform “tap map”
- microtuning (Scala .tun standard)
See the U-He site for additional information.