This video, via Future Music Magazine, features Legowelt sharing his thoughts on the Roland JV-2080 64-Voice Synthesizer Module.
The JV-2080, released in 1997, uses a sample + synthesis synth architecture.
- Accommodates up to 8 user-installable sound expansion boards, allowing access to approximately 2,900 patches when fully expanded
- 768 internal patches; 16MB of wave data expandable to 144MB (16-bit linear format)
- 320 x 80 dot graphic backlit LCD
- Patch Finder function groups similar patches from internal banks, expansion boards and memory data cards together
- Phrase Preview function allows users to hear patches within the context of a musical phrase by pressing volume knob; no keyboard needed
- 3 onboard EFX sets with 40 effects each
If you’ve used the Roland JV-2080, let us know what you think of it!