The Analogue Solutions Polymath is a new paraphonic analog modular synthesizer.
It is fully modular, in the sense that every thing can be detached and repatched. It doesn’t have to be used as a ‘poly synth’ or a traditional ‘mono synth’. It can be repatched to do whatever you wish.
Circuits can also be isolated and used in conjunction with other modular synths or synths.
Here’s a video introduction, via perfectcircuitaudio:
The Analogue Solutions Polymath Synthesizer
The position of important patch points has been placed close together, where possible, so shorter patch leads can be used that won’t obscure too much front panel. For example, Mixer Out jack is placed next to the VCF Audio In jack. This means that it can be patched up to be a mono/poly synth with a minimal amount of cables.
Some voltages are pre-patched in a sense, via front panel pot’s or switches, but they can all be effectively removed from the circuit by setting them to ‘zero’.
There are ‘global’ PWM and Pitch Modulation controls, so that, if for example, you want to apply vibrato to all VCOs equally, you can do that with one cable rather than 4.
Polymath features a Spring Reverb. This doesn’t have to be patched in as a traditional effect, at the end of the signal chain. According to Analogue Solutions, it also ‘sounds cool’ when inserted between the Mixer output and VCF input.
- 4 VCOs. Each have Pulse Width, Portamento, Saw wave, Square Wave, CV inputs, CV outputs, Sync. VCO1 has Sub-Osc output too
- Multimode VCF based on (not a clone) the Oberheim SEM (LPF, BPF, HPF, Notch) with multiple CV control
- Audio input, to allow processing of external audio (vocals, for example, from your DAW, etc) through the filter
- 2 LFOs
- 2 ADSR Envelopes
- 8 Step Analogue Sequencer with sliders
- Arpeggiator – with Up, Down, Up/Down modes and Octave range
- Poly Mode (Paraphonic)
- Note Trig/ReTrig
- Unison Mode for mega-fatness
- Ring Modulation
- Sample and Hold
- Spring Reverb – a triple spring Accutronics unit is used.
- MIDI to CV Converter
- Headphone Amp
The Analogue Solutions Polymath is available for US $4,230. See the Polymath site for details.