Virtual studio Caustic 3 for iOS has been updated with AudioBus support, background audio and MIDI, a new synth and more.
Caustic 3 is inspired by rack-mount synthesizer/sampler rigs, and is optimized for real-time mobile music-making.
Here’s what’s new in Caustic 3.1.0:
- AudioBus support (in+out)
- Background audio + virtual MIDI
- New synth: KSSynth
- 2 new Modular components
- Undo/Redo in pianoroll editors
- MIDI Pitch bend + CC mappings
- Metronome count-in
- Velocity pads for BeatBox
- Skinning support
Here’s a video introduction:
This video looks at using Caustic 3 with AudioBus and virtual MIDI:
Caustic 3 is available for US $9.99 in the App Store.
If you’ve used Caustic 3, leave a comment and let us know what you think of it!