Novation has announced an update to their Launchpad App for iOS.
Launchpad lets you make, record and share music on the iPad by triggering and mixing sounds on a grid. The updated version, v.1.5 lets you output those songs directly into any Audiobus-compatible application.
This opens the door to doing things like:
- Adding to your songs using GarageBand
- Applying external effects during live performance
- Outputting beats straight to Cubasis
Here’s what’s new in Launchpad 1.5:
- Output to Audiobus
- Improved stutter FX
- bug fixes and performance improvements
- 8×6 Launchpad grid for launching up to 8 loops and sounds at a time
- Eight volume sliders and eight filter sliders
- FX section for adding repeat and synced filter effects
- Free professional loop and sample library from Loopmasters
- Record and share your performances
- Regular In-App Purchase Launchpack libraries
- Import your own sounds via Dropbox or AudioCopy (In-App Purchase)
- Export your sounds via Soundcloud, Dropbox, Audiocopy, email or Audiobus.
- Load new complete sessions and sounds
- Global tempo change
- Edit mode for loading samples
- Autosave — never lose your sessions
- Control the Launchpad App with Novation hardware. Connect any Launch product — Novation Launchpad Mini, Launchkey Mini, Launchpad S, Launch Control, or Launchkey 25, 49, or 61 note keyboard — to your iPad using the camera connection kit. Launch sounds and FX with real back-lit pads and control volume and filters with sliders and knobs.
Novation Launchpad is a free download from the App Store. Additional sound libraries are available via In App purchases.