Synthino is a new Arduino-based synthesizer, a collaboration between two Minneapolis-based DIY kit makers (nootropic & GetLoFi) and members of TC Maker, a non-profit Minnesota based organization focused on growing the maker community.
The Synthino is designed to be powerful, compact, low-cost and hacker-friendly.
- True 12 Bit DAC ( Digital Analog Converter )
- MIDI IN standard 5 pin connector
- 4 Independent channels
- 4 Note polyphony
- 8 Analog potentiometer controls
- True Envelope A-D-S-R
- LFO with Rate and Depth
- Upgrades planned
- Arduino platform built-in
- Software updates are easy to install
- FTDI interface compatible
- Easy to assemble
- Highest quality components
- 1/4 and 1/8 Inch audio outputs
- Over 4000 wave forms available!
- Low cost synthesizer
- DIY and Hacker friendly
- 2.1 mm Boss style connector
- 9 Volt battery power option
- Compact customize-able design
- Available as a kit or assembled
- Acrylic or wood case options
Here’s an unofficial demo video from Maker Faire 2014:
Details on pricing and availability are to come. See the Synthino site for more info.