Intellijel has introduced the Springray – a Eurorack spring reverb module.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
At Intellijel we have a huge love for true analog devices and it has always been important for us to explore as many of these fundamental analog building blocks of synthesis as possible.
In the development of this module we were blown away by how much there is to explore. Each tank has a totally different set of chanacteristics and there were many unexpected surprises when feeding it a wide variety of sound sources. One of the most interesting results was how a slow attack saw waveform from a Dixie almost sounds like a realistic cello!
The Springray controls a separate spring tank, which is available in three different sizes.
Here are audio demos of the Springray tank reverb in action:
- PRE tank and POST tank Ambler Tilt EQ
- VC Feedback
- Limiter in feedback path so you can prevent high gain feedback from clipping the output. (Uses THATcorp RMS and VCA ICs)
- Selector switch to choose up to three different connected tanks (one on the front and two on the back)
- VC Mix of the wet/dry balance (uses a full linear VCA xfade circuit)
- Drive input with large gain (can overdrive the tank inputs)
- External processors can be inserted into the feedback path via the SEND/RETURN normalled inputs. Extremely interesting results when patched through modulated BP filters etc.
- Three different sizes of Accutronic tanks are available
The Intellijel Springray module is available for US $240. The reverb tanks are available separately, priced ranging from $10-25.