AudioRealism has released ReDominator – an unofficial software emulation of the classic Roland Alpha Juno 1/2 (JU-1/2).
The Alpha Juno became popular in the early 90’s techno and rave scene, particularly the classic Hoover sound. But beyond those niche sounds is a versatile synthesizer that does bass, pads, leads, organs and other sounds.
Here’s the official intro video:
- VCO – Featuring fourteen (14) different harmonically rich waveforms including a unique PWM-sawtooth. Three waveforms can be combined per voice enabling massive sounds.
- Filter – ReDominator contains a high quality 24dB/octave lowpass filter with a warmth control (VCA level) which unlike the original Alpha Juno causes warm overtones in place of harsh digital distortion when overdriven.
- Envelope – ReDominator features a unique 8 parameter envelope which enables much more complicated and expressive sounds than a standard ADSR. There are four time settings, three levels and a unique keyboard scaling parameter which gives the sound a “sampler” quality.
- 14 different low aliasing waveforms including a unique PWM-sawtooth
- High quality full range 24dB/octave low-pass filter
- Unique 8 parameter envelope generator which enables much more complicated and expressive sounds than a standard ADSR
- 200+ bundled patches (of which many are sysex converted from our own JU-2)
- Patch importer which allows importing sysex patches from your own Alpha Juno and play them in ReDominator
- Chord Memory function (VST/AU version only)
Here are official audio demos for ReDominator:
This software product runs as a VST or AU (Audio Unit) 32 or 64-bit plug-in for Windows XP/7/8 and Mac OS X 10.7 or later. Please check the demo version before purchasing to ensure that it is compatible with your host software.
ReDominator is available now for US $82.32 at the AudioRealism site.