Roland today officially announced the SH-101 Plug-Out software synthesizer – described as a complete reproduction of the vintage SH-101.
The SH-101 is a monophonic synthesizer launched by Roland in 1982 that features a one-VCO > one-VCF > one-VCA > one-LFO synth architecture. Now Roland has released it as a plugin for Mac & Windows, and a ‘Plug-Out’ for the new Aira System-1.
Here’s an official video intro from Roland:
- Two envelope sections allow different settings for VCF and VCA while maintaining the option of classic SH-101 envelope behavior.
- Reverb, chorus, delay and crusher effects that were not included in the original.
- Run as many instances as your computer can handle.
- Use SYSTEM-1 as a dedicated USB keyboard controller with lighted knobs and sliders that show only available parameters.
- PLUG-OUT with SYSTEM-1 lets you take an authentic SH-101 wherever you go, from mobile production to live performance.
- Transfer sounds between SYSTEM-1 and SH-101 with PLUG-OUT
- Supports Macintosh and Windows, and AU and VSTi formats.
Note: The SH-101 PLUG-OUT Software Synthesizer is a free download for SYSTEM-1 owners. See the Roland site for details.