Wooji Juice has introduced Mitosynth – a hybrid additive/wavetable software synthesizer.
Mitosynth dispenses with the usual fake knobs & sliders and instead aims for a modern UI tailored to touch.
Plus – ‘Phase Mangulation’.
Here’s what they have to say about Mitosynth:
Start with additive synthesis, wavetables, or a sophisticated mix. Add rich modulation, effects and filters, controlled by powerful LFOs and beyond.
Make vibrant leads, vast soundscapes, compelling basses, warm bath or deep sea pads, and so much more.
The sound is complex, but the controls are not. Synth engine and UI both offer clarity and power — you’re holding in your hands a miracle of touch-screen technology, why limit it to the switches and dials of decades-old hardware?
Mitosynth takes a simple approach: With a tap, almost any dial can be switched out for a graph with automation controls, including LFOs, 5-stage DADSR envelopes, ingenious noise generator, BPM sync — and MIDI, of course. Plus XY pads for the hands-on approach.
And you can combine them. Use one automation to control which (or how much) of two others affect a setting. Many of the automation controls are themselves automatable. You can repeat this, going to deeper levels. LFOception!
The flexible FX chain means no messing with complicated routing tables, or stringing cables around until your screen looks like a plate of pasta: Slot the distortion, filter, delay and other effects you want, in the order you want. Simple!
Here’s a video intro to Mitosynth:
The next video offers an introduction to Mitosynth:
The second course at ‘Mitosynth U’ takes a look at working with patches:
- Core MIDI
- Virtual MIDI
- Background Audio
- Performance Recording
- Universal App
- Filters, crushers, distortion, warm fuzz, flanger, phaser, echo, tube resonance and chorus. Install up to four in any order, plus a high-quality reverb
- AM, PWM, Phase Mangulation, Supercharger unison mode
- Mono and Polyphonic glide, and Regular, Toggle and Latch sustain, customizable keyboard
- Slick patch and audio management with search and tagging
- Easily share patches with friends, including any additional audio they require
- Complete manual built-in, and available for download too
Mitosynth is available now for US $9.99.
If you’ve used Mitosynth, let us know what you think of it!